The Board of Examiners is the body that evaluates Award applications, conducts Site Visits, and prepares feedback reports. The Board consists of experts from various industry sectors – both private and public. Members are selected through a competitive application process. An independent panel of judges makes final Award recommendations
The opportunity provides:
- Strong understanding of a global set of guidelines (road map) for running an effective organization
- Opportunity to learn firsthand of innovative approaches utilized by leading organizations in our region
- Opportunity to work as part of a diverse team with representatives of organizations from all sectors of the economy
- Development of assessment, analytical, interviewing, and writing skills
- Opportunity to network with colleagues and other professionals throughout Arizona, Nevada and Utah
- Name recognition in the Annual Conference Program, the Performance Excellence Awards Banquet Program, the SWAE Website, and a Special Section of The Business Journal
- Complimentary attendance at the Annual Performance Excellence Awards Banquet where examiner contributions are recognized
In order to serve as an examiner, you must attend the training AND complete the examiner application linked below. Please note that if you do not want to serve as an examiner but want to learn more about the Baldrige Criteria and the feedback process, you can choose to just attend training. You will gain invaluable information that you can bring back to your organization and apply immediately.
SWAE is pleased to announce our partnership with California Council for Excellence to deliver this year’s examiner training which offers enhanced flexibility (your choice of phase 1 dates), online and face to face facilitated learning, and robust exercises to provide you with a top-notch learning experience!
Phase 1 of Training: Your choice of June 8-11 or June 14-17 (online and virtually facilitated)
Phase 2 of Training: August 15 (online)
Ala Carte/Special Sessions: Beginning August 1
Please clink on one of the links below to obtain pricing information and complete the registration process. The deadline to register for training is May 27.
Once you are enrolled in training, please also complete the examiner application at the link below to indicate your willingness to serve as an examiner this year. Click here for application.